Kashmir Silk carpet is the best area rug among all carpets. Kashmir silk carpet adds real grace to your room. Due to the hand knotted character makes them more durable and exclusive when you compared with machine made carpets.
These are mainly made in pure silk with silk or with cotton which is produced in China (Considered the world’s top pure silk producer). These are hand-woven, hand knotted carpets. Handmade Kashmir silk carpets are woven on a handloom. Handlooms are the basically foundation of wood and the cotton or silk (used as warp) are stitched on it after that woven with pure silk carpet according to design and cut piles process. It has a number of trades which is called piles. Weaving process has done down to up. Handmade Kashmir silk carpet was not rip, tear like a machine made carpet. These are 100% washable by hand at home. If you don’t want to wash it at home you can prefer professional cleaning.
Knots are consider by 10cm in the direction of weft with 10cm in the direction of warp. We know that hand knotted Kashmir silk carpet made by knots (small groups of piles). Knots are main categories in two types, silk on silk, silk on cotton. In silk on silk the warp and weft both are in pure silk and for silk on cotton, the warp in cotton and weft in silk. Silk on silk Kashmir carpet is more expensive and also more luxurious as compare to cotton silk carpet.
Due to hand knotted and handmade these are available in various designs because weavers can use multiple colors and can make very small pattern also. There are some main designs which I am going to discuss.
- Floral Design: Floral design is the most popular design in hand knotted Kashmir silk carpets. It contains flower, flower branches etc. These design of carpets looking like the flower garden.
- Tree of life: This design represents the life of a tree by containing chattering of birds, Trees, animals Bold and tiny motifs. It has the full representation about nature.
- Hamadan: This design is originated from Hamadan city which is situated is the western part of Iran. These carpets are woven in naturally dyed yarn. These design is contains the set of boxes with beautiful tiny motifs.
- Kashan Design: Kashan design mainly describe the hand knotted It contains the diamond shape medallion with the beautiful floral pattern, jhoomar pattern etc. This is a very famous and most traditional design. This design is originated from “Kashan” which is situated in Persia. In India, this design is first woven in Agra in Mughal time. They mainly contain rich red, blue, ivory, gold colors.
- Floral: Floral design pattern is the most beautiful pattern is carpets. Carpets are looks like the flower garden. When you place it once, it feels like you are lying in flower garden. It contains small flower motifs, leaves, branches for flowers etc.
Buying a handmade carpet is the different thing but the right placement of that, is the main thing. This is very important. Silk carpets are expensive and also very exclusive so this is ideal for the less traffic area. The living room is the best.