Handmade carpets are available in several sizes, material and color combinations. There are thousands of varieties available in market. You can find a rug from $10-$10000. The prices of rugs depend on several factors like design, colors, weaving time period, manufacturing technique etc. Regular carpets are made in synthetic material using chemical dye which is harmful for a kid and pets. These are available in cheaper price range. Some of handmade carpets are also available at cheaper price range like a shaggy rug, chindi dhurries etc. because these are made using recycling material. If you want to buy a cheaper rug then you can also shop jute or hemp rug. If we talk about Afghan carpet then we can say that every carpet contains a mystery behind the design of carpet. Introduce the comfort and happiness of a home by decorating with a middle-century rug scheme which is called tribal rug and Afghan carpet is a part of tribal rugs. The deep tones of these rugs will help add a cozy and warm feel to near spaces when it placed once. Afghan handmade carpets are available in various sizes so you can take and place it according to your requirements. It could be used as either an area rug, under a coffee table in a small living room, or in a large living room as a floor carpet. These carpets are not used only for the flooring purpose; you can also afghan carpets for wall hanging. We have a huge collection of Afghan carpet in many designs. Now find the reasons why our afghan rugs are better than regular rugs-
- Made in natural material: A regular rug is quickly made with synthetic materials (such as polypropylene, nylon, acrylic and artificial silk). An Afghan carpet is woven in a natural material like pure New Zealand wool and cotton. A regular carpet yarn is dyed using chemical dyeing process which is not safe for a baby and pet. It may cause skin cancer. An Afghan carpet is woven in wool and it is dyed using vegetable dye (Natural Dye) which is not harmful to a kid and pet. They can safely play on it.
- “One of a kind design”: Afghan carpet contains a traditional design pattern which is originated many years ago from Persia, Afghanistan etc. Each Afghan rugs contains “One of a kind” design pattern but you can find regular carpet thousand pieces in same design and color matching.
- Cost: Afghan carpet takes more time to make than a regular carpet and the raw material of a hand-knotted afghan rug is also more expensive than a regular carpet. An Afghan carpet takes many months to weave and contains very intricate design pattern. That’s why it is expensive.
- Durability: An Afghan rug is a highly durable rug than a regular rug because it is totally made by hand. You can use a hand-knotted afghan carpet approx. 20 years. If you want to buy a handmade rug for life-long then you can take a hand-knotted
How to style a room using Tribal Rugs, Turkish Kilims and Afghan Carpets?
A Hand-woven or hand-knotted technique was started by the refugees and such type of carpets are called tribal carpets. A handmade tribal carpet and rug can be considered as a decorative accent but in reality, this is the real foundation of the grand surface. If we talk about tribal rugs, then they are available in various designs and many sizes. There are two main categories or carpet types known mainly as tribal carpet and rug. The first is Afghan carpet and the other is Kilim. These are 100% traditional pattern because these designs have been originated many years ago and are local to their geographical location. Find some creative ideas for decorating a room in a right way using a beautiful tribal carpet.
Perfect size rug for providing perfection to a decor:–
The shape is the main factor or we can say that if you want to decorate your room correctly, then this is a very important one, then you will need a full size rug. You can take an example of clothes. Let’s say that when you buy a costume for yourself, if you need a small size and take large size clothes, how will you look after wearing it? The only thing is that you can apply for the room. If you take a large size carpet for a small room which requires a small space for placing a carpet then it will never give a perfect look. So before buying a carpet, measure the space where you want to place it. If you want to put a rug under the seating area then prefer to take a medium size carpet. If you want to place it below the coffee table then you can place a small size tribal carpet. So you should decide the exact size and place before purchasing a handmade tribal carpet.
Perfect size Rug
Design of carpet according to the room theme:-
Size and design, these two factors are very important which you should know when you wish to buy a handmade tribal carpet. As we know that tribal carpets have two categories so you can select Afghan carpet or Kilim rug according to your choice. You can select the design which is uniquely designed to contribute the look and style of the surface. This is the foremost thing that your carpet design should match with the home decor.
Carpet according to Room
There are some famous designs and I am going to give you a brief idea about it so you can easily select your design.
- Mori Bukhara Design: – Bukhara design resembles the foot prints of elephant. This type carpet is mostly woven in rust color.
- Caucasian Afghan: – This type of carpet contains flower pot type design on ground of carpet and filled with small floral motifs. If your room theme is floral then you can select this design for your room.
- Moroccan Killim:- This design contains a diamond shape in center and carpet have small designs and tiny motifs. This type carpets maybe in red or blue color.
Additional Decorating ideas with handmade Tribal rugs: –
Decorate your surface–
As we know that a carpet is the best option for decorating surface of a room but this is only possible if a handmade carpet is used in a right way. So you can use your carpet according to the place. If you want to use a handmade tribal carpet in your bedroom then you can place it in front of the bed or beside of the bed. If you want to place a rug in your living room then you can place it in whole room or in the center of room. It depends on the size of carpet. You can also put a handmade carpet in your dining room. A handmade area carpet adds extra coziness and personal touch to your room.
Rug according to surface
Decorate your wall: –
You can also use a tribal carpet as a wall hanging. Tribal carpets contain unique and old design pattern. So it will surely make a focal point of your beautiful home.
Wall decoration with a Rug
Hence, with the aforementioned ideas, one can easily use an afghan rug or a Tribal kilim to enhance the beauty of a space and add that bohemian touch.