Kashmir silk carpets and rugs are very traditional carpets which are made of in finest quality of silk material. Kashmir carpet is usually handmade and hand-knotted which gives uniqueness and originality to every piece. Kashmir carpets also know for the beautifully intricate design a wide range of color combination. Kashmir silk carpet is a “One of a kind” handmade carpet. These are very suitable for decorating your floor as well as your wall.
History of Kashmir Carpets:
These carpets are started when Mughal emperors came to Kashmir. Kashmir place is famous for the cold winter. So they were trying to find a way to make them more comfortable. Kashmir carpet is the substitute of Persian carpet because Kashmir carpet production originated in the hands of Persian carpet makers, most designs are distinctly Persian with some local variations.
Kashmir carpet is handmade and hand-knotted carpet.These take many months to complete a single carpet. These are made in silk on silk, silk on cotton and sometimes silk on wool.
Types of Kashmir silk carpets:
There are mainly two types of Kashmir silk.
- Silk on cotton
- Silk on Silk
- Silk on Cotton: As we know that Kashmir silk carpets are handmade woven on a loom with the help of warp and weft. In silk on the cotton carpet, the warp is in cotton and weft of pure silk. The number of knots is 324/sqr inch.
- Silk on Silk: These are most of the luxurious carpets. Silk on silk hand-knotted carpets is expensive as compared to another handmade carpet. In these carpets, the warp in silk and weft also in silk. The number of knots 576/ sqr inch.
Kashmir silk carpets are available online in regular size such as 2’ x 3’ , 3’x5’, 6’x4′, 7’x5′, 10’x8′, 12’x9′ and 14’x10. If you have any special size then you can customize your rug online.
Best design of Kashmir silk carpet online:
Today’s, there are so many carpets available in online websites. You can find carpet online according to your designs, color combinations, and size. Kashmir silk carpets always contain a theme. Here I am going to describe some popular designs which are really suitable for decorating a traditional type home interior.
- Floral Design Kashmir silk carpet: This design mainly contains beautiful art of nature including flowers, branches, small flower plants, leaves etc. This design is very popular due to intricate and tiny motifs of the flowers. When you place floral design carpet in your room then you will feel like you are sitting or lying in a beautiful garden.
- Kashan Design: This is the oldest design in Kashmir silk carpet. Kashan is located in the center of Iran in the Isfahan province and is one of Iran’s oldest cities. This design is originated from this place. Kashan design rug has been crafted in the 17th It contains dome type design in the center and fills with small and tiny motifs with beautiful rectangle border.
- Hamadan Design: This design is originated from the Hamadan city which is situated in Iran. These are specially recognized by pattern. The patterns are very varying and the medallion, as well as carpets with repeated patterns, occurs.
- Tree of life Design: This design contains chinar tree with beautiful birds, plants, leaves, animals etc. This design is specially related to wildlife and nature.